This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
Mendel Building Instructions
For building your Mendel 3D Printer we collected a series of manuals:
Building the basic 3D Printer body
There are different manuals for this task available.
- The official build manual can be found here
Be careful, our casted parts might differ in thickness to the original parts. So always measure from bar to bar and not between plastic parts.
Building the Wades Extruder
- A good manual for this task was made by gary hodgson. Take a look at this link
Building the Hot End
- The arcol.hu 4.0 hotend sold by 2PrintBeta is a newer version of this.
- The J-head hotend sold by 2PrintBeta is a improved version of the standard J-head hotend.
Connecting the RAMPS electronics
- A good overview about the RAMPS 1.4 electronics can be found on the reprap.org homepage under this link.
- Make sure you connect the power supply to the screw connector on the RAMPS board and not to the Arduino itself.
- Check polarity when connecting the power supply to the RAMPS' screw connectors. The example picture below shows the polarity of the board. Be carefull, there are power supplies with different connectors. The positiv wire might be either red or marked with white writing or completely different. Best measure it before connecting.